Dolch is the first custom set to be produced on the recently re-commissioned DSS tooling. This tooling was built in the early 80's to offer a sculptured look to the popular DSA profile. It is a medium height profile, shorter than SA, with a textured spherical touch surface and smooth sided like DSA. The DSS family had a relatively short life as it lost it's commercial appeal to the DCS family which had a more popular cylindrical touch surface. Old keyboards populated with the DSS family would be a rare and valuable find today.
The following Dolch kits are available:
1. Alpha Pack (68 keys) - includes standard, deep dish and homing bump F and J keys
2. Modifier Pack (29 keys) - includes both center and offset mount keys for the Caps Lock
3. Modifier Pro Pack (22 keys)
4. Modifier Extreme Pack (13 keys)
5. Numpad Pack (23 keys)
6. Alternate F Row Pack (12 keys)
7. Red Pack (6 keys)
8. International Pack (38 keys)
9. Ortholinear Mono Color Set - GX (63 keys)
10. Ortholinear Alternate Pack (Row 3 bottom row) (16 keys)
11. UK ISO Pack (13 keys)
Colors are the same as DSA Dolch and are ABS: GE (light gray); GX (dark gray); RA (red).
Future DSS sets will only be run in ABS material. PBT blanks or sublimated keys will not be an option for this family.
Individual Keys - They can only be ordered if they are part of the existing pack. Orders will be refunded for keys purchased that are not already included as part of a pack. You can purchase individual keys by selecting the individual key option from the drop down menu and the putting the description of the key you want to purchase in the order comments section at checkout (this is a box below the shipping address form).
Alternate Keys - Identify the key size, the row, and the description of the key you would like to purchase. Only keys included in this image can be ordered as Alternate Keys.