Dolch is the first custom set to be produced on the recently re-commissioned DSS tooling. This tooling was built in the early 80's to offer a sculptured look to the popular DSA profile. It is a medium height profile, shorter than SA, with a textured spherical touch surface and smooth sided like DSA. The DSS family had a relatively short life as it lost it's commercial appeal to the DCS family which had a more popular cylindrical touch surfave. Old keyboards populated with the DSS family would be a rare and valuable find today.
The following Dolch kits are available:
1. Alpha Kit (68 keys) - includes standard, deep dish and homing bump F and J keys
2. Modifier Kit (29 keys) - includes both center and offset mount keys for the Caps Lock
3. Modifier Pro Kit (22 keys)
4. Modifier Extreme Kit (13 keys)
5. Ergodox Set (62 keys)
6. Numpad Kit (23 keys)
7. Alternate F Row Kit (12 keys)
8. Red Kit (6 keys)
9. International Kit (38 keys)
10. Ortholinear Main Set (68 keys) This set has been modified to include both Dolch colors (GE and GX)
11. Ortholinear Alternate Kit (Row 3 bottom row) (16 keys)
12. UK ISO Kit (in production)
Colors are the same as DSA Dolch and are ABS: GE (light gray); GX (dark gray); RA (red).
Future DSS sets will only be run in ABS material. PBT blanks or sublimated keys will not be an option for this family.
Individual Keys - They can only be ordered if they are part of the existing kit. Orders will be refunded for keys purchased that are not already included as part of a kit.
Alternate Keys - Identify the key size, the row, and the description of the key you would like to purchase. Only keys included in this image can be ordered as Alternate Keys.